Friday, August 04, 2006

Kaaren & Mark

Even though we are in the midst of a 4 wedding weekend, I just had to take some time today and post about this wedding. I think Kaaren, aka Pickles, was the most excited bride we have ever had. Ever. She was literally bouncing, she was so excited to marry Mark.

It was one of the most emotional ceremonies that we have been part of. Everyone in the audience was crying, and even the Marriage Commissioner shed a few tears. This was a celebration of love that literally had no boundaries. You could see and feel their excitement with every moment that passed. Mark could not stop smiling the entire time, although I think I may have seen a tear or two in his eyes. And Kaaren just embraced the emotion of the moment and let her tears and smile co-exist. It was beautiful.




After their walk down the aisle, punctuated at nearly every step with a kiss, Kaaren and Mark were surrounded by family and friends and smothered with hugs and congratulations. There were tears in everyone's eyes as they embraced the couple. With all the touching moments take place around us, one really stood out to me. Mark and his father embraced under a huge tree and both were overcome. It was such an incredible moment that I had to keep the camera up to my eye to hide the fact that it brought me to tears. And still does as I write this.



We took advantage of the beautiful setting to take family photos, and then we had a few moments alone with Kaaren and her new husband. The sun was setting and the light only served to highlight the obvious love and happiness these two share.




And Kaaren loved her flowers, so I had to include one shot of the bouquet!

No comments: