Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Alison & Mark

Ali & Mark chose the most beautiful settings for their celebration: The Vancouver Club and St. Andrew's Wesley. The amount of time that Ali and her family spent putting the wedding together was evident from the moment we walked into the Club. Everything was still being set up and everywhere we looked we could see people working to make it perfect. And it was - the tables were stunning, the flowers were beautiful and the dresses were spectacluar.

Ali is an elegant beauty and she had Manuel Mendoza create a dress for her that complimented that elegance. It fit her perfectly and, like all of Manuel's creation, enhance her beauty. The dress was the perfect accessory.



Here is Ali waiting for the ceremony to begin:



After the ceremony and some photos around the church, it was off the the waterfront for some more photos. Ali and Mark rode in a beautiful old Rolls Royce driven by the lovely Mr. Joseph. It was such a pleasure to work with Ali and Mark, and their bridal party. They were a fun bunch and kept the atmosphere relaxed.

After photos it was back to the Club for the reception. The interesting thing about Ali is that she grew up in North Vancouver and we attended the same school. I'll admit, I'm a little older than she is, but I still wondered with the North Van connections if I would see someone I knew. And sure enough, Margaret and Glen Cobb were there. The Cobbs gave me my first job at the age of 12 babysitting their three children. It's always disconcerting to hear "Jennifer Henfrey?" and to forget for a moment that that was my name before I married Steve. It was so lovely to see the Cobbs and spend a very brief time catching up with them. Mr. Cobb paid me the lovliest compliment when her told me that even at 12 or 13 I was full of confidence and that he always knew I would succeed.

Here are some of our favorites:





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love the pictures and we loved working with you both! Thanks for everything :)

Anonymous said...

We love the pictures and we loved working with you both. Thanks for everything!