Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Art of Blending In

I often see and hear the word "unobtrusive" used by wedding photographers. In fact, I'm guilty of using it myself. But, let's be honest - there is nothing unobtrusive about two people, four cameras, waist belts full of gear, and flashes going off. People know we're there, we can't hide it. But, what we can do is blend into the crowd. Steve and I have found a way to take any situation and work within it. That means sometimes, when all the guests are madly taking pictures, we join in and capture not only the subject of all their interest, but also them as well. Or sometimes, I'll put the long lens on the camera and shoot close-ups from a distance. We adapt to each situation as it arises.

But most importantly, Steve and I have tons of fun at each and every wedding we photograph. And to illustrate that point, our good friends at Cloud Nine Creative sent us this little clip of our May 20th wedding. I am sure that our other videographer friends are sitting on a plethora of material that demonstrates what I mean, but we'll get started with this one...enjoy!

I'm planning to add many more images of the two of us at work - both to show our professional side and to show how we keep things upbeat. We're hoping a few more of our videographer friends will contribute to this post, but we have a number of images that we made while working this year. My favorites are all of Steve, of course, but he has some great ones of me too! Keep watching! And don't forget to let us know what you think - we invite and welcome comments on any of our posts. We want to know what you all think!

1 comment:

The Davies said...

Steve looks so uptight in the video. He really needs to learn to relax and have some fun.