Friday, October 14, 2005

A Personal Project

We have been so fortunate, as a family, to have both our boys attend an incredible preschool. Not only is it parent participation, so we are part of our chlidren's first educational experiences, but it also has the most incredible teacher. I was honoured when they asked me to make photographs of the school for their marketing. I found that, as a whole, the building and the materials within it were overwhelming. Can you imagine how overpowering it must be for a child. So, I literally got down on my hands and knees to view the school through the eyes of a child and I was amazed at what I found.

Each item in the classroom took on new power and significance when I viewed it through a child's eyes. I felt powerless to really capture the essence of what a school brings to it's children. I needed to look at each item individually and not be influenced by the whole. I needed to find the feeling that each peice evoked. It was an incredible challenge.

Here are some of my favorites:






The entire gallery can be viewed here. Thanks so much for letting me be part of this!

No comments: