Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Randy & Crystal - September 17th

We have been looking forward to this wedding for a long time! Randy and Crystal are two of the most amazing people we have ever met and we just knew their wedding was going to be fantastic. And it was! With the stunning golf course at Swan-e-set as their backdrop, Randy and Crystal tied the knot surrounded by their favourite people. The decor was stunning, but the bride made jaws drop.

After the ceremony there were a few quiet moments with the bridal party as we started the photo shoot. With a few gentle nudges and a small game of golf cart derby they loosened up and we really got to see what a great group they are. I don't think the carts at Swan-e-set wil ever be the same. In fact, I didn't know you could make golf carts do half the things these guys made them do!

Our time with Randy and Crystal was filled with laughter. These two are not shy and they were gracious enough to trust what we asked them to do. Cystal has eyes that will stop you cold and Randy has the biggest grin I have ever seen. Apart, each of them would stand out in the crowd, but together they are unstoppable. So in love, so happy, and so full of life...how could we not have a great time with them.

I wanted to include a few words from Randy in this blog...to me it sums up the enormity of what we do and the incredible impact weddings have on us. I hope that he won't mind, but these words brought me to tears and made me realize why I love my job.

When attempting to describe the two of you, that is literally the only word that comes to mind, WOW, both in professionalism and personality. Your work speaks volumes, but the thing that I believe makes the two of you so special is your personalities. Both Crystal and I feel we had two of our best friends photographing the wedding, and were truely saddened when you had to leave us. I cannot tell you, how different this wedding would have been without the two of you. Crystal typically doesn't like to have photographs taken of her, but with the two of you, seems ready and comfortable at a moments notice. Just a small example of your talents.

Emotions are torn at this point, we are so unbelievably excited to see your work and just how good the photo's turn out, I am sure they will be the center piece of many walls in our home, but we are also a little saddened by the thought that we may not have the opportunity to be with the two of you each and every weekend. You came into our lives as photographers, and will always remain as friends.


Here are a few. I think they speak volumes.




No comments: