Saturday, September 17, 2005

Chris & Joanne - September 5th

After photographing two other weddings this weekend, I was worried about how much energy we would bring to Chris and Joanne's wedding. I shouldn't have worried - from the moment we arrived there was such a sense of exctiment in the air and the last two days became a distant memory.

When Joanne arrived at the church, I was stunned by her classic beauty. For a moment I stood in the room with her and just stared - ideas began to race through my mind and I knew that this was not going to be an ordinary wedding day.

After the ceremony and family photos, we headed into town for our time with the bridal party. What an incredibly fun bunch these guys were. The girls were all stunning and just glowed with happiness for Joanne and the guys, well, they were up for just about anything - ok, probably anything.

The inspiration I found earlier with Joanne came to fruition when I realized that this was a bride who knew exactly what to do in front of a camera. It is often an incredible experience to work with couples who are not used to being photographed and to help them find their inner glamour. With Joanne and Chris, we bypassed that entire process and went right into incredible photographs. Both these two were willing to do what we asked and more. Joanne moved her head and body like a pro, and Chris worked the camera like he had been doing it his whole life. And the bridal party? Well, lets just say that they were memorable.

After photos it was off to Brock House for a cocktail party before the reception. Steve and I did not stay past the time when everyone sat for dinner, but if the hour we spent there was any indication, this group was going to party!

I want to thank both Chris and Joanne for the friendship they extended to us - we are thrilled that we were part of your wedding day!


A classic beauty:



No comments: